Sometime, you may need to activate Powershell in your SCCM WinPE boot image. This can be used by advanced script, or to display a GUI in Powershell. System Center Configuration Manager 2012 offers the possibility to easily integrated this feature.
How to enable this feature with SCCM 2012 R2:
WinPE Boot Image
The first thing to do is to enable wanted Powershell components into the Boot Image:
- On your selected Boot Image, select Properties:
- On the Optional Components tab, click on the star:
- If you want all Powershell features in WinPE, enable all of components, otherwise just check what you need.
- Windows Powershell (WinPE-DismCmdlets)
- Windows Powershell (WinPE-StorageWMI)
- Windows Powershell (WinPE-Powershell)
- Microsoft .Net (WinPE-NetFx)
Don’t forget to update all Distribution Points with the new version of the Boot Image. If you don’t, OSD continues to use the old version of the image.
You can get more information about SCCM and how to customize boot image here.